CareersThanks for showing interest in working at Riverworks! Here's a list of jobs available.
Posted October 30, 2020
Full-time Graphic Design Position Available
We’re looking for a full-time graphic designer for print, brand, and web work within a small, but rapidly growing Chattanooga agency. We are a fun, diversely talented team with a casual atmosphere, an emphasis on excellence, and a business mindset.
Who we are looking for:
- Work well both independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Have an obsession with making things better, always, and have no issue doing what it takes to get it right.
- Love creative thinking but love iterative fast-paced doing.
- Consider Adobe programs to be a natural extension of your brain.
- Fearless when it comes to learning new tools.
- Have a lead by example mentality.
- Comfortable leading projects from start to finish as well as following.
- Resourceful— if you don’t know the answer, seek it out.
- Comfortable in all phases of design, from front-end generation of unexpected ideas to backend execution of market-ready commercial assets.
- Experience in production techniques and working closely with printers and other vendors.
- Able to juggle multiple projects while hitting aggressive deadlines.
- Love crafting stories and communicating ideas to the team, clients, and the world.
- Have a few lateral creative skills— coding, photography, copywriting, etc.
- Wired into what’s happening in popular culture, design, and technology globally.
- Believe any problem can be solved through creativity.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Design of ads, brochures, posters, logos, icons, social media graphics, and other branded print/web material for 100+ clients using Adobe Programs such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver.
- Sending print material to press— knowledge of bleed, color, and paper types is essential.
- Website design and working with developers and project managers to execute design.
- Mid-level front-end development, such as adding/updating html, CSS, and WordPress and Joomla websites.
- Designing marketing emails using platforms such as Constant Contact, SendinBlue, Mail Chimp, Zen Reach, and Chamaileon. Custom html email coding is a plus.
- Retrieving print quotes and making orders with local and regional vendors.
- Presenting fully-formed design/brand solutions to team or client.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients.
Concrete Requirements for Position:
- Must have an online portfolio that includes examples of the candidate’s ability to produce high-quality designs for websites, logos, web and print material.
- Must have expert to mastery level skills in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- BFA in Graphic Design or comparable level of work experience.
- Competitive compensation
- Group health insurance with a subsidy
- PTO, paid holidays, and a relaxed, flexible work environment
- Year-end bonus based on company performance
- Opportunity for performance-based salary growth
- A collaborative, creative, and fun work environment
- A work culture that celebrates open and honest communication, mutual respect, and excellence
The Graphic Design position requires residency in or relocation to Chattanooga, Tenn. Chattanooga has been named by Lonely Planet “Best In The U.S.” and “10 US Destinations You Need To See in 2018”, which is not surprising to us. As a full-service marketing agency, Riverworks provides strategic marketing communications to many great businesses and organizations in the local community and U.S. Chattanooga is a great place to live, combining the amenities of the big city with the ease of small-town life. To learn more about relocating to Chattanooga, visit the Chamber website at http://www.chattanoogachamber.com/about-chattanooga/frequently-asked-questions.
Think this is the job for you? Email your resume and a link to your portfolio to Amy Price at [email protected].