CareersThanks for showing interest in working at Riverworks! Here's a list of jobs available.
Posted January 23, 2020
Full-time Social Media Specialist Position Available
Riverworks Marketing is a Chattanooga based marketing agency that helps clients reach their goals using cutting-edge marketing strategies, customer-focused websites, digital campaigns and print pieces that help tell their story. We are celebrating our 14th year in business. We take great pride in our talented and committed creative team.
We are looking for a high energy, creative and passionate Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities. The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap. Social media specialists should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You are responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and “soft selling” the product by providing support to current and prospective customers.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication, possess the ability to learn quickly, and strive for excellence within a fast-paced environment.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Build relationships with clients and be a great team member
- Proof read & edit content
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- BA or BS in related field
- Experience managing multiple brands
- Competitive compensation
- Group health insurance with a subsidy
- PTO, paid holidays, and a relaxed, flexible work environment
- Opportunity for a year-end bonus based on company performance
- Opportunity for performance-based salary growth
- A collaborative, creative, and fun work environment
- A work culture that celebrates open and honest communication, mutual respect, and excellence
The Social Media position requires residency in or relocation to Chattanooga, Tennessee or the surrounding area. Recently, Chattanooga won Outside magazine’s Best Town Ever contest, which is not surprising to us. Chattanooga is a great place to live, combining the amenities of the big city with the ease of small-town living. To learn more about relocating to Chattanooga, visit the Chamber website for more info.
Think this is the job for you? Email your resume and work samples to Jackie Errico at email@example.com.