CareersA list of jobs available at Riverworks.
Posted January 23, 2019
Full-time Graphic Design Position Available
We’re looking for a full-time graphic designer for print, brand, and web work within a small, but rapidly growing Chattanooga agency. We are a fun, diversely talented team with a casual atmosphere, an emphasis on excellence, and a business mindset.
Who we are looking for:
- Work well both independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Have an obsession with making things better, always, and have no issue doing what it takes to get it right.
- Love creative thinking but love iterative fast-paced doing.
- Consider Adobe programs to be a natural extension of your brain.
- Fearless when it comes to learning new tools.
- Have a lead by example mentality.
- Comfortable leading projects from start to finish as well as following.
- Resourceful— if you don’t know the answer, seek it out.
- Comfortable in all phases of design, from front-end generation of unexpected ideas to backend execution of market-ready commercial assets.
- Experience in production techniques and working closely with printers and other vendors.
- Able to juggle multiple projects while hitting aggressive deadlines.
- Love crafting stories and communicating ideas to the team, clients, and the world.
- Have a few lateral creative skills— coding, photography, copywriting, etc.
- Wired into what’s happening in popular culture, design, and technology globally.
- Believe any problem can be solved through creativity.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Design of ads, brochures, posters, logos, icons, social media graphics, and other branded print/web material for 100+ clients using Adobe Programs such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver.
- Sending print material to press— knowledge of bleed, color, and paper types is essential.
- Website design and working with developers and project managers to execute design.
- Mid-level front-end development, such as adding/updating html, CSS, and WordPress and Joomla websites.
- Designing marketing emails using platforms such as Constant Contact, Send in Blue, Mail Chimp, Zen Reach, and Chamaileon. Custom html email coding is a plus.
- Retrieving print quotes and making orders with local and regional vendors.
- Presenting fully-formed design/brand solutions to team or client.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients.
Concrete Requirements for Position:
- Must have an online portfolio that includes examples of the candidate’s ability to produce high-quality designs for websites, logos, web and print material.
- Must have expert to mastery level skills in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- BFA in Graphic Design or comparable level of work experience.
Think this is the job for you? Email your resume and a link to your portfolio to Amy Price at email@example.com.